Income Requirements for Conventional Mortgage Explained A conventional mortgage is a mortgage that's not backed by a government secured entity. Lenders for conventional loans are banks or
Golfcart at the Beach, what are the rules?
Not just for golf anymore! So you have noticed many golf carts around town and down close to the beach. They are very popular for our coastal shoreline residents who use them for a trip down to the beach or to a neighbors house for a visit. There are rules and requirements that owners and vacation renters must follow when using this fun alternative local transportation.
A few excerpts from the South Carolina Law that governs low speed vehicles...
A person operating a permitted golf cart must be at least sixteen years of age and hold a valid driver's license. The operator of a permitted golf cart being operated on a highway or street must have in his possession:
(1) the registration certificate issued by the department;
(2) proof of liability insurance for the golf cart; and
(3) his driver's license.
(B) An individual or business owner of a vehicle commonly known as a golf cart may obtain a permit decal and registration from the Department of Motor Vehicles upon presenting proof of ownership and liability insurance for the golf cart and upon payment of a fee.
(C) During daylight hours only:
(1) A permitted golf cart may be operated within four miles of the address on the registration certificate and only on a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles an hour or less.
(2) A permitted golf cart may be operated within four miles of a point of ingress and egress to a gated community and only on a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles an hour or less.
(3) Within four miles of the registration holder's address, and while traveling along a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles an hour or less, a permitted golf cart may cross a highway or street at an intersection where the highway has a posted speed limit of more than thirty-five miles an hour.
(4) A permitted golf cart may be operated along a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles an hour or less on an island not accessible by a bridge designed for use by automobiles.
If you are planning to buy a golfcart to use after you purchase a local property; make sure to know the laws and requirments. This will help to avoid any run-ins with the law or worse liabilty in the event of an accident.
Check the link below for the entire South Carolina law and also check with your specific neighborhood rules and the local city ordinances to make sure to follow those other requirements. For example: Surfside Beach does not allow golf carts on the beach; while they are permitted on the beach in Garden City during certain times of the year.
If I can assist you with the purchase or sale of real estate please simply give me a call!
Experienced Real Estate Broker/REALTOR® Licensed since 2003 specializing in Assisting Owners in Selling for the highest price in the shortest amount of time and Assisting Buyers with a goal of Buying....
Latest Blog Posts
New LOW COST flights are being added by Allegiant Airlines said the lowcost airline today. It's added new Wednesday and Saturday service from these 3 locations to Myrtle Beach (MYR) Providence,
When buying a home in #conway or #myrtlebeach or any coastal area, educate yourself about flooding and how they may impact different areas or homes you may be considering. Always ask your REALTOR;